The NDIS provides funding for Disability Accommodation and other support services. The Federal Government has left the development of housing for Eligible Participants to the Private Sector. In Western Australia, due to lower construction costs and affordable land, this means that the returns for investors in this type of development are strong and on average can often be higher than in other States. Returns of between 12% and 18% are achievable. [Please note that we do not provide investor advice and are only reporting general knowledge, here.]
If you are interested in investing in a building development for NDIS-compliant Disability Accommodation, Amedeo Properties (in partnership with its associates) will:
- Assist you to navigate the NDIS legislation to ensure compliance during and after construction.
- Ensure construction of a fit-for-purpose accommodation facility for the eligible participant.
- Ensure that the design is fit-for-purpose by taking into account the particular Participant’s disability or disabilities.
- Provide advice on site selection, including:
- Location/proximity to infrastructure
- Street access/footpaths
- Transport access
- Street crossings
- After construction, provide assistance with setting up a rental management plan which complies with NDIS requirements regarding maintenance and other aspects.
- Assist you to maximise your tax deductions by providing a detailed depreciation schedule after completion.