Building Renovations in Perth
Quality craftsmanship in home extensions, bathroom and kitchen renovations
Apart from having to spend money, there should be no better reason to hold off on home renovations, especially when there are things that need to get fixed. If the bathroom is no longer a space of sweet solace, then you know that the situation must improve. A kitchen, meanwhile, should be a space for healthy and energy-efficient meal preparation. And if your family is growing with kids on the way, you will need more than two to three bedrooms.
The thought of it all can seem overwhelming, but a home or building renovation brings many benefits by simply improving the overall quality of your life.
- Live in an energy-efficient home with newly insulated roofs and a refurbished façade and enjoy reduced utility expenses with great energy savings.
- A house or second storey extension provides your home the additional living space that a healthy and growing family needs.
- Renovating for a new look offers any homeowner a feeling of satisfaction, as you can choose the aesthetics of how your home should look like, from the style, materials used, and even the paint colours.
- A renovation works like an investment – it adds to the value of the home or building and extends its lifespan through the upgrades, repairs and maintenance.
The Types of Building Renovations
There are various types of building renovations, each with distinct requirements that influence the construction process. Here are the services that we offer under building renovations:
- House extensions are the perfect solution if moving to a larger home is not an option, especially if the property holds significant sentimental value. Single-storey extensions allow you to modify a home or building according to your preferences, keeping the costs affordable and features mostly functional.
- According to an insurance website, single-storey extensions have a ballpark figure of $1,400 to $2,100 per square metre. An 80-square metre ground-floor extension, for instance, fetches a price range of $164,600 to $310,900, which is of course relative to the materials and design.
- A second-storey extension is a type of renovation that takes the value of your property to the next level, as it adds vertical space to your home or building whilst maximising its block size. To calculate for the estimate price of a second-storey extension, multiply a single-storey extension’s cost by 150 percent. Admittedly, it can be pricey, but the view alone is worth it.
- Bathroom renovations can be more difficult than imagined, as it involves several specialist processes, such as demolishing, tiling, waterproofing, electrical wiring and plumbing, amongst many other trade skills. Installation of fixtures, such as mirrors, sinks and showers, is another part of a bathroom renovation. That said, a small bathroom renovation project can range around $20,800 to $27,000, whilst a larger bathroom with fancier materials and more intricate designs can fetch around $25,000 to $30,000 in total costs.
- Kitchen renovations can have similar requirements to bathroom renovations, as it will require the removal and disposal of the dilapidated kitchen; installation of upgraded kitchen, cookware and equipment; fixing plumbing, electrical and gas hook-ups; refurbishing the sink area and waterproofing the flooring. An insurance website says that the price of an average kitchen renovation ranges between $12,600 and $35,000, wherein the most modest of remodels can cost around $4,000 at the least.
The Classic Amedeo Experience
Amedeo Properties specialises in building and construction, fuelled by the passion in delivering new homes to our clients and reviving the “old world” charm in ramshackle buildings.
With more than 30 years of professional experience in building homes, we are confident that we can help you achieve your goals and bring improvement to the quality of your lifestyle.
Building renovations can be a demanding project to handle on your own, given the different tradies involved to get work done. Allow us to be your partner and enjoy a fruitful and hassle-free experience.
Let’s Renovate Today for a Stronger Future
Amedeo Properties delivers a personal touch to all projects, small or big. For all your building construction or renovation needs, questions or quotations, don’t hesitate to contact us now.
Why do I need a building renovation?
If your family needs a bit more space and moving to a larger home or building costs too much, you can consider a building renovation, like a home extension, as a more practical solution.
Is a second-storey extension better than a single-storey extension?
Depending on the size of your property and the limitations set by your budget, either home extension renovation can be beneficial. A second-floor home extension, however, will be more costly, but it will also provide more benefits when compared to a ground-floor extension.
Why are renovations expensive?
Renovations can seem costly for several reasons: the careful demolition or manual dismantling of a certain part of a structure; ad-hoc and surprise repairs or fixes that will require additional materials and man-hours; costs of old repairs needing corrections and updating; and the costs of making compromises in the design, thus birthing additional, smaller expenses.
How long does a renovation take?
For home renovation projects, a realistic timeline is around three to nine months, depending on the scope and complexity of the project’s demands.
A kitchen or bathroom renovation job, meanwhile, can take as little as two weeks to as long as three months.
Why do bathroom renovations take such a long time?
A bathroom renovation project can take a while to complete because a bathroom’s different components connect to the different utilities in a building, like water and electricity. There are various stages to a bathroom renovation project, and each step needs considerable time to accomplish, like re-tiling and waterproofing. It is important to note that a well-made bathroom will bear more benefits and eventually be less costly for you to maintain in the long run.
Amedeo Properties is Your Trusted Partner
We understand that finding the best partner for a home extension or building renovation project can be difficult. With the competitive prices and wide range of services from similar providers out there, what makes Amedeo Properties different?
You can trust that we don’t cut corners. Our clients know that we are flexible with the work that we deliver, including any minor ad-hoc services. With over thirty years of experience in building and renovation, we know that taking care of our relationship with our clients and tradesmen is key to harmonious business.
For any questions or enquiries, don’t hesitate to contact us now.